Check Instagram accounts for fake followers
We analyzed over 5k submissions to come up with these benchmarks:
- Under 10% fake = this is your average instagram user. generally has good, real friends/fans as followers.
- Under 15% fake = decent instagram user, majority of influencers fall into this threshold.
- 15% to 20% fake = gray area, users with large following (brands) will be allowed some margin of error.
- Over 20% fake = the user was certainly engaged in buying followers at some point.
- Over 30% fake = most of the followers are bots mixed with inactive, fake followers.
Note: Users with lower following (less than 1k) tend to have higher % of fakes because they are genereally followed by friends that are not very active. Brands/personalities with higher number of followers (more than 1M) also have this risk because they could be targeted by bots without knowing it.